THE OCEAN MAPPING EXPEDITION IN SEVILLE, THE RETURN
5-20 SEPTEMBER 2019
Swiss sailboat Fleur de Passion is back in Seville after 4-and-a-half year in the wake Magellan
After 1606 days around the world from Seville to Seville, 33m-long Swiss ketch Fleur de Passion is completing her mission consisting in mapping the human impact on the oceans and raising awareness about sustainable development issues in the frame of The Ocean Mapping Expedition. This four-and-a-half year adventure combining science, education and culture lead by Geneva-based non-profit Fondation Pacifique is bringing back nowadays « spices », a collection of first hand scientific data gathered along a 76000 km navigation in partnership with international academic institutions on « hot » topics such as plastic and noise pollution, climate change and coral bleaching.
The media are kindly invited to the press conference organized on Thursday 5 September at 11am at the Seville Aquarium, then on Friday 6 at 11am to the official arrival ceremony in the presence of officials that will take place on Muelle de las Delicias, the very place from which Fleur de Passion set sail on 13 April 2015 as we were approaching the 500th anniversary of the first ever circumnavigation.
- Read the press release, click here for the French version, click here for the English version, click here for the Spanish version
- Download a selection of video images of the expedition and of the arrival in Seville, click here
- Download free of right pictures of Fleur de Passion (copyright: Fondation Pacifique/The Ocean Mapping Expedition), click here
- Download free of right pictures of the official arrival of the expedition and of the opening of the Nuestra isla de las especias exhibition (copyright: Fondation Pacifique/The Ocean Mapping Expedition), click here
- Download the overall map of the expedition, click here
- Download the program of free public activities in Seville from 6 to 19 September, click here
- Read the press kit for background information, click here for the French version, click here for the English version, click here for the Spanish version
- To discover the vidéo of the stunning history of Fleur de Passion, click here